Monday, February 16, 2009

Invitation

I'm contemplating opening this blog up to other fathers of young children who want to write about their experiences. I'm wondering if anyone who reads this has an interest in doing this or knows some folks whom they would like to pass it on to. Leave a comment to this with an email address and I'll get in touch with you if it seems to make sense. I'm trying to keep a lid on all my pre-judgments and the general need to be an editorial dictator. But one thought I have is that my goal for contributors would be that their writing would struggle with the work of parenting on an emotional level. There's plenty of testosterone elsewhere in the world and online. That's not forbidden but I'd be looking for something a tad, shall we say, deeper in addition to that.

I haven't completely made up my mind about opening the blog up but it's the direction I'm heading just because this project seems to need more voices than my own.

Thanks for your interest.

2 comments:

  1. great reading. My kids of course are older. They say the problems never go away, they just get more expensive as they age. Remember these days of blissful innocence. :-)

    If you do open this up, i would love to share views from the perspective of being a dad of older kids.

    We need to visit our favorite coffee haunt soon.
    Love
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to respond to your invitation long ago - when you first posted this - but life and parenthood got in the way.

    I have really appreciated your posts here, and would love to contribute occasional posts as well. I blog over at http://stearns.wordpress.com. Not everything is parenting related, but you can check out some of my parenting posts here: http://stearns.wordpress.com/?s=fatherhood

    All the best,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete